Social Security Administration Portal Make It Easier to Complete Key Tasks Online
Estate Planning Attorney Joseph Hudack says that if you currently receive – or are planning to apply for – Social Security or Supplemental Security Income (SSI), you can now visit the Social Security Administration’s recently updated My Social Security portal to complete the following tasks online:
- Updating your personal information, including your phone number and address
- Requesting a replacement for a lost Social Security card
- Setting up direct deposit information
- Checking the status of your application
- Accessing details about benefits and payments
- Getting a personalized estimate on your future benefits or your spouse’s benefits
- Monitoring activity associated with your Social Security Number
Even for younger Americans who have not yet retired, evidence suggests that using the My Social Security portal can be a helpful way to prepare for retirement “by prompting individuals early and clearly about important information and actions for financial … planning,” according to researchers at the University of Michigan.
Ask an Estate Planning Attorney Today
For more information, go to Hudack Law Estate Planning Attorney and areas of service. We proudly serve California and Arizona; please call our California line at (877) 314-4309 or our Arizona line at (602) 777-7882.