Ask Yourself These Benefit and Restriction Questions Before Moving Into an HOA
This HOA Benefit and Restriction Questions list will allow you to do questioning as needed more quickly.
- What services will I receive in return for my monthly HOA assessment?
- How are our streets kept free of cars, trucks, and recreational vehicles?
- How is free parking for guests maintained?
- What are the landscape services provided?
- How are the homeowners involved in the work of HOA committees?
- How frequently is the exterior painting of association homes provided?
- How often are community pools serviced?
- What are the rules for using swimming pools?
- How are meeting rooms and other common areas scheduled?
- What are the security services provided?
- What are the specific community rules?
- How is the color of the paint for the outside of my home selected?
- What does our family need to do to play sports games and put children’s play equipment in the common areas?
- What do I need to do to plant what I want outside and near my patio area?
- What ultimate liability and risks related to common area accidents might I be responsible for?
- What is all covered by the HOAs insurance?
- What are the present insurance coverage limits and what might be covered?
- What are the processes available for homeowners to make changes in architectural guidelines, rules and regulations and common area facilities use?
- What individual fees, above the monthly payments, might I have to pay the Association?
- Does the association manager respond to the needs of homeowners in a timely way?