Elder Law Attorney
Attorneys without the right training can negatively impact you in ways that are very difficult to repair. So what should I look for in selecting just the right elder law attorney?
- First of all, be sure that this is an area of practice the attorney specializes in and focuses on, as well.
- Next, look for an attorney that strives to grow and learn continuing education on elder law and the ever-changing constant state of flux. Rules and regulations change always based on the government and congress because those entities control and provide the benefits for our elders. To make sure you are positioned to be benefit eligible, your attorney needs to be up to date on the rules and ever-changing landscape. Find an attorney that attends continuing education in elder law continually so they are always up to date with new trends and cases. Document provisions working today aren’t necessarily working for tomorrow, and an attorney’s continuing education is the best way to stay current.
- Find an attorney that lists some experience. One that is right out of law school isn’t the best fit for this area of practice, in my opinion. This field, this highly specialized field, is one where you should hire someone that has some experience and has been practicing in estate planning for a little while and then moved on to elder law. The natural progression and takes some time!
- When you select an elder law attorney, find one that is willing to share their knowledge and information. Can you find free downloadable information, or do they offer free consultations?
- Finally, you’ll want an attorney that will not give you a set of documents and then disappear. A great attorney will stay in contact with you even after the papers are signed. This way, you can find a peace that your attorney will contact you in the event of a change in the law or rule change that would or could affect your planning.
We’re Here to Help
Hudack Law is happy to help with all Estate Planning needs and specifically Elder Law as well. Contact Hudack Law today at (877) 314-4309 Toll-free, please visit areas of service (open link in a new tab) or hudacklaw.com (open link in a new tab).